Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Walking to the Bus Stop

This week in episode 10 I talk about walking to the school bus stop about a quarter of a mile. I would be wearing penny loafers, knee highs and a dress. In the winter the coat I was wearing would have been passed down from my older sisters. There was one blue coat with sheep wool lining that all of us wore, even my younger brother. I would have mittens pinned to the coat because I would be constantly loosing them. In my lunch box would be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a [Yodel] and a dime for a carton of milk.
Yodel About 15 kids would be standing at the bus stop. The winter time the wind would blow around the corner and it would get really cold. There would be the occasional horse play but nothing ever got out of hand. The school bus for the youngest kids grades first through 3rd and then the bus for the 4th and 5th graders would come and so on. There was only one bus stop for our street, so you always knew who was going to be late and who was sick. Did you ride a school bus to school and did you have to walk to the bus stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment